Halloween 2021: How to Create a Spooky Mood at Your Coworking Space
It doesn't matter how old are you, most of us love Halloween. Traditionally All Hallows Eve is associated with orange and black, pumpkin grins, dreadful costumes, fests, carnivals, parties, frightful treats, sweet candies, in a word—lots of fun.
I love that in celebrating Halloween, we can get lost in the magic of make-believe and fantasy no matter what age we are! — Natalya Neidhart
Are you going to miss all this cheer in your coworking space? No way! Let your members enjoy one of the greatest perks of remote work, freedom, and the informal atmosphere of your flexible workspace. If you are struggling to build community, friendship, encourage collaboration within your space, the post-pandemic Halloween 2021 is your chance.
Let your members feel themselves a part of something bigger than just freelancers coming for a desk, maintain relationships. This way you will increase retention, loyalty, and grow the coworking community along the way, which is especially important in present, still uncertain times.
Continue reading and you will find a lot of winning ideas for organizing a terrific Halloween party at your coworking space, be it online or offline.
While you are trying to figure out whether to organize a happy Halloween party at your coworking space and how your business and members can benefit from it, I'll give you some reasons for turning the building into a haunted house for a few days.
- You can impart the event a bigger sense. Some coworking spaces do efficient fundraising during such holidays and donate those funds to charity organizations later. I am sure your members will be happy to support this initiative. In the end, all of you will feel great because you help those who are in need altogether.
- It's difficult for grown-up people to make friends. Yet, coworking experience becomes really cool when you can just turn to a person sitting at the next desk and tell them a joke, laugh together, etc. Coworking Halloween will help members to know each other better and feel at ease when they meet next time.
- Show members the other side of your brand. This is the time when you don't need to be serious. Be creative and give members topics to discuss on socials. Refer to murder, gore, and evil spirits creating your holiday emails, press releases, social media posts, whatever. This is the only day when you can get away with this.
Halloween After-Life Party🎃👻
Until Death Do Us Party
Past the Grave Rave⚰
Goblin’s Spirit in a Bottle
Monsters with Margarita🕷️
Wicked Witches Wing-ding
Vampires and Campfires
Voodoo Vibes! 😈
Bloodbath and Barbecue
- Ask your members to contribute with ideas for your coworking Halloween party 2021 or even help with preparations. Group planning makes people more committed to the event. Involve members in the process. Even a simple poll where you ask them how they want to celebrate coworking Halloween will help to establish connections and meet community expectations.
It's not necessary to invent something totally new to amaze your members. You can use time-tested approaches.
- Transform one of your meeting rooms into a movie theatre and invite members for a horror movie. Don't forget about popcorn, drinks, and candy.
- Coworking members are usually geeks loving computer games. There is no lack of bloody zombie shooters, isn't it? You can recruit your local desperados for a night fight mission aimed to clear the city from rotten.
- Carry out a competition of villain costumes. Make your members internet celebs featuring their pics on your resource and letting the community vote for the most ghastly ones.
- Organize a pumpkin carving contest to fill the workspace with a sweet pumpkin smell and ensure that everyone feels involved and connected together.
- Run a contest for the most Halloween-friendly workstation. Let members unleash their creativity, get acquainted with people they still don’t know, and win a prize.
- Set up a photo booth with Halloween-themed accessories inside. This is an awesome interactive activity for a coworking party. When people come together with neon wigs and vampire’s teeth, that puts it over the top.
- Encourage members to bring treats—or have goodies like chocolate cake or soft pretzels catered. Everyone can go around the space from desk to desk trick-or-treating. This takes people all over the workspace and lets them interact.
- Involve members in solving a murder mystery. Once everyone starts using their brainpower to solve a murder mystery, you’ll discover that a fun coworking Halloween party can truly bring people together. Your residents will enjoy the thrill of playing Sherlock Holmes.
Here I included some guides to follow if you want to make your coworking party memorable for members.
- Everything starts with a guest list. This is important as not all of your members will come. Some prefer to celebrate at home or need to take kids to trick or treat. Include only members who confirmed their participation and cater snacks and beverages accordingly.
- Take care of Halloween-themed food. You can call the snacks creatively: Frog skulls, Spider legs, Fingers of the dead, Witchy brew, etc. Remember of those who don't eat meat and don't drink alcohol, serve vegetarian snacks and non-alcohol drinks.
- Decorate your hub properly. Halloween is one of the holidays that are impossible without spooky decorations. Your space must look like a haunted house with spider webs, Jack-o-lanterns, bats, candles, broomsticks, and so on. Horrifying desktop wallpapers and blood-freezing music in the background will add a final touch to your space transformation.
- Encourage members to wear killing costumes and makeup as you are building the space especially for vampires, demons, witches, goblins, werewolves, and other undead.
- Involve members that don't come to the party as well. Your coworking Halloween is for everyone. Some members are shy to come to the party, some simply can't come because of other essential business, however, they can participate in the online competitions. For instance: "The most mysterious story that happened in my life."
- For members having kids you can arrange a day-time fun "Bring your kid to work on Halloween."
- Set up good communication. Of course, coordinating events like your Halloween party requires information sharing. The best way to send mass emails, then reminders and notifications is through your coworking management system that provides community newsfeed and is integrated with your favorite email services, like Mailchimp.
I have already mentioned that you need harrowing sounds for creating a sinister atmosphere at your coworking crypt. You can use my Halloween music collections listed below and save some time for cutting out the bats.
- Celtic Halloween Music – Rise of the Shadow Moon
- Halloween at Disneyland — Fairytale Ambience & Music
- HALLOWEEN EDM MIX 2021 Best Remixes & Mashup Of Popular Songs 2021
- Medieval Halloween Music – Spooky Villages
- Harry Potter Music & Ambience | Rainy Night at Hogwarts
- Halloween Music Instrumental Fireplace - Halloween Ambience Background - Spooky Music
- Dark Ambience - Horror Background Music 10 Hours
Decided to follow my advice and fright your guests with movies? Here are my top 5 newest horrors that you might want to include in your spine-chilling collection.
For as long as residents can remember, the housing projects of Chicago's Cabrini-Green neighborhood were terrorized by a word-of-mouth ghost story about a supernatural killer with a hook for a hand, easily summoned by those daring to repeat his name five times into a mirror. In present day, a decade after the last of the Cabrini towers were torn down, visual artist Anthony McCoy (Yahya Abdul-Mateen II; HBO's Watchmen, Us) and his partner, gallery director Brianna Cartwright (Teyonah Parris; If Beale Street Could Talk, The Photograph), move into a luxury loft condo in Cabrini, now gentrified beyond recognition and inhabited by upwardly mobile millennials. With Anthony's painting career on the brink of stalling, a chance encounter with a Cabrini-Green old-timer (Colman Domingo; HBO's Euphoria, Assassination Nation) exposes Anthony to the tragically horrific nature of the true story behind Candyman. Anxious to maintain his status in the Chicago art world, Anthony begins to explore these macabre details in his studio as fresh grist for paintings, unknowingly opening a door to a complex past that unravels his own sanity and unleashes a terrifying wave of violence that puts him on a collision course with destiny.
The movie reveals a chilling story of terror, murder and unknown evil that shocked even experienced real-life paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren. One of the most sensational cases from their files, it starts with a fight for the soul of a young boy, then takes them beyond anything they'd ever seen before, to mark the first time in U.S. history that a murder suspect would claim demonic possession as a defense.
A criminal mastermind unleashes a twisted form of justice in Spiral, the terrifying new chapter from the book of Saw. Working in the shadow of his father, an esteemed police veteran (Samuel L. Jackson), brash Detective Ezekiel "Zeke" Banks (Chris Rock) and his rookie partner (Max Minghella) take charge of a grisly investigation into murders that are eerily reminiscent of the city's gruesome past. Unwittingly entrapped in a deepening mystery, Zeke finds himself at the center of the killer's morbid game.
Backwoods terror and never-jangling suspense meet when Jen (Charlotte Vega) and a group of friends set out to hike the Appalachian Trail. Despite warnings to stick to the trail, the hikers stray off course-and cross into land inhabited by The Foundation, a hidden community of mountain dwellers who use deadly means to protect their way of life. Suddenly under siege, Jen and her friends seem headed to the point of no return- unless Jen's father (Golden Globe (R) nominee Matthew Modine) can reach them in time.
A quiet loner (Nicolas Cage) finds himself stranded in a remote town when his car breaks down. Unable to pay for the repairs he needs, he agrees to spend the night cleaning Willy's Wonderland, an abandoned family fun center. But this wonderland has a dark secret that this "Janitor" is about to discover. He soon finds himself locked in an epic battle with possessed animatronic mascots that roam the halls. To survive, he must fight his way through each of them.
Hope this info was useful and you are ready for Hocus Pocus that will bring all your members together. It’s really vital for any coworking community to have avenues for members where they can get together, learn more about each other beyond the formal or professional level. Such events help your community grow, strengthen bonds, and encourages collaborations. So, you found the right way.
At that, I can only wish you a happy Halloween. Have fun, get creative and make your members happy.
P.S: Trick or share?!