How to Automate Meeting Room Booking in a Coworking Space
You can find coworking spaces almost everywhere in the world. In 2007, there were no more than 14 coworking spaces around the globe. In 2017 their amount exploded astronomically to 14 000 and counting. By 2022, there will be at least 30 000 of them on the planet.
Such a booming venture should have huge profits, yet most of the coworkings have great difficulties with profitability instead. A modern coworking center is a venture that stimulates the stable growth of an independent worker, praises flexibility, and claims itself to be a creative workplace for new talents. But what does it say about itself as a profitable business? I asked myself that very question — and started digging into that aspect.
There are different problems with management as well as with coworking activities — but one true pain for almost each and every coworking’s administrator is the chaos of meetings and bookings for meeting rooms.
Because of the limited space amount in a typical coworking environment, the main challenge is to use proper timing for working places, hot desks, conference rooms, and public coworking space. Lots of tasks create a real buzz for an administrator with a lack of space (and time) for a proper booking management system. Yet without it, it’s impossible to monitor meeting rooms for not being occupied for too long, not being overbooked or underbooked by residents and resident teams in coworking spaces.
Booking a meeting room in a coworking space can be a very stressful task none of your administrators would like to face on a daily basis. Such a mess with the booking process for meeting rooms can cost a fortune for a coworking reputation (as well as it can take lots of time and effort for your administrators, plus make members unhappy).
Great news is that there is certainly a way to change that.
What your hub needs is a well-functioning coworking space management system. Problems with timing and bookings will repeat, and the workspace manager should face them while being prepared.
And this is the time to conquer the chaos in 5 steps:
- Check up your meeting rooms. It’s time to go — to go around and find out how many meeting rooms are available. Knowing that will help you schedule the meetings that will go on throughout the day. It can help with cutting down chaos with bookings. You should also connect your calendars to specific meeting rooms. Such integration can assist with the scheduling and avoiding mismatches in your internal schedule.
- Check up the appliances. Such a check-up for various meeting rooms will help you assigning different types of meetings in different types of spaces. If a meeting room has just a drawing board in it, you can’t hold a PowerPoint presentation there. And when a meeting room has a projector screen, laser pointer, Alexa or Google Home in it, it’s not rational to hold a brainstorm in there (because all you need for this is just a flipchart).
- Calculate the price of non-coworking members' rent for space. This helps you to estimate your billing for a non-resident per hour for booking a meeting room. This is necessary to avoid losing money on non-residential bookings of meeting rooms.
- Connect specific coworkers and their “Free Hours”. Knowing the “free hours” of each coworker will help you with pinpointing their meeting schedule. This is the way to avoid sending coworking residents into meeting rooms when they’re occupied. They only schedule meetings for their free hours. Knowing this also helps you to estimate who is in the meeting room presently and how much the present hour and the next hour will cost.
- Automate your routines. The whole world is going online with software and apps. Staying offline will bring you no good at all. So let’s automate and get the best automation has to offer. You should get a meeting room booking software which automates bookings in your coworking spaces for meeting rooms.
Such a system acts as an assistant for community members and administrators and is very effective. It is widely being accepted that an automated booking system for meeting rooms helps with promoting coworking management. It also allows efficient control of meeting rooms. This process becomes faster, easier and it can be done with a tap on your smartphone or laptop.
andcards is the application software for you to provide such a task as booking automation for meeting rooms. This software is integrated with digital smart locks and RFID readers to manage check-in/out for the doors at your workspace. It is used for coworking spaces and is built to help you if you want to automate management routines and boost member experience, especially booking procedure for meeting rooms.
It saves a lot of time with its 1-click booking, making such a procedure super simple and quick. It works for both the coworkers and coworking management.
- Creation of booking. The software helps members to check out all the meeting rooms for their availability and next schedules. It also helps to book the room with the required appliances suited for their taste. And members can do it via an Android or iOS device without having to go round the meeting rooms for scheduling. For the non-coworking members, the app helps to check the available meeting rooms, the price of booking per hour, and the appliances available for each meeting room. andcards coworking space management software features meeting room display so that users can identify free rooms at a distance and check-in, without having to pull up a smartphone.
- Syncing calendars. This gives access to export the invite to Google Calendar, Microsoft Outlook, or iCal for everyone who is booking a meeting room. It helps to avoid a no-show, double bookings, and other errors that might occur.
- Notifications: Sometimes a member may forget which meeting room was booked, or when the certain booking ends. andcards automatically reminds booking information by sending a push notification to mobile phone.
- Free hour allocation. andcards fully automates free hours tracking for your coworking space members. Workspace administrator can assign membership plans which contain monthly free hour allowance (credits) in just a few taps. What's especially useful is andcards ability to assign team credits, shared between team members. These credits are used as a payment method for meeting room bookings.
- Tracking. The software will help the management with tracking each meeting room for booking by both the coworking and non-coworking employees to ensure that there is no monopolization, under-utilization and double booking of meeting rooms.
- Data analysis. This feature helps the manager to see which rooms are popular, why they are popular, and how much data they produce on the busiest hours. It also helps the management with upgrading the meeting room experiences by an iPad or Android tablet. This ensures that everyone visualizes the daily calendar of the meeting rooms.
With coworking space software, there will be no such situations as an early checkout, leaving the meeting room free for a long time, or booking a room only to find out that it is being used by another person that didn’t even book it.
andcards automates booking for meetings in coworking spaces by allowing members to make reservations themselves without the manager's assistance. This is the solution to cut down the chaos in coworking space. And you can go fully automated to get the best out of the vibrant, creative, flexible, and steady independent workplace as a modern coworking is.