The Most Inspiring Coworking Spaces from All Over the World
These days coworking spaces are undergoing a great transformation. This happens because of changing members' priorities. People coming to a coworking space today expect much more than just a desk for rent. They are waiting to immerse in a special environment that will feed their creativity helping to achieve the most daring professional goals. While doing that, they don't want to feel lonely, so collaboration and support are also essential.
89% of members report that they are happier since joining a coworking space.
~32 Awesome Coworking Space Statistics from Ergonomic Trends
In this article, I am going to showcase some of the best coworking spaces from all over the globe that managed to create really inspiring workplaces. You will learn more about their amenities and designs.
Thinking about the reasons for the growing popularity of coworking spaces, culture and experience seem to be the most obvious ones.
Popular coworking spaces have their unique culture and vibe. Friendly atmosphere and connection with other members are the top reasons why people join coworking spaces.
However, the community does not just appear all of a sudden. This is something space managers must take care about.
Side Note: Pick out some ideas for community-building events from the list: Best Coworking Events to Build Community at Your Workspace.
Members are free to choose when and how they interact with each other. For instance, some like to have chats in the café or coffee bar. If a member wants to stay alone and concentrate on the work, they can do just that.
Coworking gives members opportunities to build professional relationships and grow their businesses. They interact with other members, connect with people who might be useful to their business — suppliers, contractors, potential clients, and business partners.
A good coworking is open 24/7 for members. Freelancers make up their work schedules according to individual biorhythms and lifestyles.
If somebody needs a break, they just stand up and go to the break room to play a game, climb a wall, or just relax and come back to their desks when feel refreshed. Nobody needs to pretend to be working because the big boss is watching.
Interaction inside the coworking community builds a high-speed highway to increased opportunities for innovation and collaboration.
For example, a person working in a different field can help to look at the situation from another perspective. This is a chance to come up with new, innovative solutions that would never cross freelancer's mind otherwise.
When a person works from home or office, their learning opportunities are limited. At a coworking space, they interact with other entrepreneurs, learn from their experiences, and share challenges with them.
This is perfect for growing business, learning from businessmen who are in different stages of building their businesses decreases the time needed to succeed, and minimizes the number of costly mistakes and pitfalls.
In addition, sometimes managers at the coworking spaces have enough knowledge to offer some useful advice and guide members in the right direction.
While traditional offices are designed for work without distractions, coworking spaces are welcoming and positive, with great ambiance and a feeling of wellbeing.
Coworking spaces pay a lot of attention to the interior design with plenty of natural light, break out spaces, lounges and cafes, and even gyms and workout zones.
In other words, everything inside a coworking space is meant to enhance members’ energy, inspiration, and motivation.
It is almost impossible to stay relaxed and behave naturally in a traditional office. That's why an employee's personality has to literally break into pieces — a real personality & an office alter ego.
This happens due to the competition with workmates, office policy, angry bosses, and many other things. Creating an office persona that deals with everyday issues is exhausting.
In a coworking space, there is no competition & office policy, so members can work for themselves only. Coworking culture allows to be relaxed and have fun while being yourself and doing meaningful work.
Modern coworkings go even further in tailoring their spaces to the requirements of their customers.
- Want to come with kids? Family coworking is supplied with safe playgrounds and provides professional nannies, which gives moms an opportunity to close all urgent tasks.
- Don't want to leave your dog at home all alone? Take it with you into a pet-friendly environment with water bowls, treats, and skilled groomers.
- Need a female-only space? Come to women-centic coworking with its supportive community, healthy food, nice interiors, beauty and wellness facilities, and much more.
- It seems like there is a space for people of every profession, like culinary coworking or coworking for techs, for example. It's good to be around people who are thrilled about similar things, have the same vocabulary, and understand your jokes.
- Digital nomads and freelancers getting inspiration from studying foreign cultures can always find their cozy workspace in some rural coworking. The host will help to make the most of the workation. Advise what to see, where to go, who to network, what events to attend, etc.
Most of the decent coworking spaces have more or less the same set of amenities. But the best coworkings go beyond the standards offering something on top to let members feel their care every step they go.
- A variety of caffeinated and non-caffeinated beverages. Having fresh water and coffee is ok but not enough for some members. People have special drinking habits during the day. Some prefer to keep away from caffeine. Details are important. Seeing a favorite drink on the menu list may make somebody's day.
- A variety of snacks. Some of your members are happy with chips and individually sized snacks, while others need fresh fruit, healthy food, and freshly squeezed juice. Proper nutrition is very important for productivity, energy, and mood, so some coworkings go as far as hiring a culinary concierge to make tasty treats for their members.
- Access control system. You can easily solve the issue with 24/7 access to your coworking space with the help of modern coworking software. Let your community managers sleep at night. Their presence is not necessary. Coworking space app integrated with the access control system will take care of members' safety and convenience.
- Both wireless and wired internet. High-speed internet is a must for coworking spaces. Provide a wired and wireless connection to appeal to a wider range of members.
- Sit-to-stand desks. No matter how comfortable is your furniture, it's difficult to sit a few hours straight. Desks that transform at member's will allow to stretch legs whenever they want and not to take an unplanned break. ECO-SYSTM coworking even provides treadmill desks to compensate the lack of activity for their members.
- Yoga. If you offer yoga classes or other sport and fitness activities, members don't have to go somewhere else to workout. What for, if everything they need is nearby? Don't forget about showers and changing rooms if you offer any sort of class that lets members work up a sweat.
- Nap rooms. Many people need a nap or just some rest in the middle of their workday to stay productive. If you provide them a wellness place, they don't need to go home and come back or leave earlier due to fatigue.
- Great staff. Your crew is the soul of your coworking. They greet members, assist with minor tasks, facilitate networking, carry out events, and do plenty of other things that involve direct interaction and communication. Make sure that the team is friendly and knowledgeable. The aspect will contribute to the building of your brand image, connections, and lasting relationships.
- Beautiful mobile apps. These days people are more comfortable with self-service and computers than direct communication with workspace staff. Provide them with intuitive apps that enable members to book meeting rooms remotely, discover membership perks, additional services, and more from their smartphones. Not sure how to choose the best app for your coworking brand? Check out this guide: How to Choose a Coworking Space App: Best Solutions Compared.
Would you like to see real-life examples of the most impassioned spaces located in different countries? Follow me please.
HanaHaus is a community workspace that combines the best aspects of café and coworking culture and cultivates a dynamic atmosphere for innovation. The concept of HanaHaus is rooted in the philosophy that great ideas spring from anywhere, and more often when people come together. HanaHaus connects people by offering a space where they can meet, interact, explore new ideas, and bring them to life.
The first HanaHaus opened in 2015 and is located in the historic Varsity Theater in Downtown Palo Alto, in the heart of Silicon Valley. Their second location is in Orange County, CA.
Green Spaces is a sustainable coworking community of like-minded individuals and businesses in the heart of Denver's RiNo Arts District. They are expanding the network to mountain towns across Colorado with their first mountain location opening in Winter Park, Colorado so members can travel from Denver to the mountains on one shared membership.
Green Spaces strives to bring businesses that are addressing environmental and social impact on the planet together so they can thrive by connecting and gaining more exposure in the rapidly growing, socially-conscious marketplace. They currently house over 160 solar panels on our RiNo roof to offset energy use by members and their space was designed with thoughtful sourcing of all materials.
Link Coworking has three locations within a block of one another, and each one is a bit different. Being one of the best coworking spaces in Austin, Link Coworking is part of a global network of coworking spaces, so you can work when you travel. As members of LEXC, a group of independent spaces around the globe, coworking can connect Link members with a space wherever they are. If there’s not a LEXC space where you’ll be traveling, they’ll help you find another coworking space.
Their goal was to create a modern, efficient coworking environment where people could collaborate. Mission accomplished. These new innovative spaces can be described as professional and welcoming, providing meeting rooms, connectivity and, most importantly, human interaction.
Hubud isn’t just a coworking space in Bali. It's a radically supportive bamboo haven of big ideas.
- You could meet: your next business partner or true-love.
- You could learn: the skill that completely revolutionizes your career.
- You could drink: locally-grown coffee + replenishing green juice.
- You could teach: your fellow coworkers a life-altering skill.
- You could eat: delicious + organic cuisine.
- You could journey: to volcanos, oceans, or yoga studios.
Hubud is about collaborating on the world’s next big innovation, experimenting with your personal re-invention, or sinking deep into a creative business pursuit. It’s about play + productivity + purpose. Most of all, it’s about discovering the freedom and satisfaction of choosing a life that aligns with your most genuine self — and having a crew of like-minded dreamers + doers beside you for the ride.
NeueHouse locations — Madison Square, New York, Hollywood, Los Angeles, coming soon Bradbury, Downtown Los Angeles. NeueHouse is a private workspace and cultural home for creators, innovators, and thought-leaders. Designed to inspire the creative mindset, cultivate curiosity, and provoke new ways of thinking, they have curated a community of original thinkers at the leading intersection of contemporary culture and commerce.
Designed to feel like the warmth of home, foster new connections and set the stage for cultural experiences. Gracious, relaxed but always efficient and anticipatory, with imaginative Food & Beverage as the centerpiece for the community.
A platform for discourse and discovery to advance ideas and conversations, creating powerful shared experiences.
Tobacco Dock is located in the heart of East London and is one of the most exciting venues in the city. The hub attracts the world's leading brands to host everything from meetings for a dozen attendees to global conferences for thousands.
It was built in 1812 as a hub for costly cargo arriving from the New World, such as wine and, of course, tobacco. Originally, Tobacco Dock spanned 70 acres. Now, it occupies two-fifths of the original site, staying a huge building all the same. It offers 57 spaces over 16,000 sqm.
Tobacco Dock Workspaces provides flexible and supportive coworking spaces with outstanding atmospheric interiors to a range of start-ups and scaling businesses.
MiamiShared is a coworking space in the US where creative minds work. It takes a central location close to Wynwood, Brickell, Midtown, South Beach, and I95. Downtown Miami is one of Miami's top commercial/residential condos.
Spacious, futuristic, and full of light, it offers Virtual Office, Hot Desk, Dedicated Desk, and Private Office memberships. New private offices have flexible configurations.
Top amenities of MiamiShared are business-grade internet, conference rooms with video, and more. Comfortable coworking is equipped with dedicated and shared desks. You can see original art at every turn.
Work Club is a stylish coworking space in Sydney welcoming people and organizations who want to break free from the rigid conventions of traditional working. Work Club provides spaces to match your mood, services to ease your journey, people to inspire and energize, and conversations to spark creativity.
Every space has its own unique charm and point of difference. Work Club demonstrates a passion for quality craftsmanship with artisan pieces speckled throughout each environment. Whether you’re after a quiet moment to reflect, space to sit and surrender to work, or buzzing with energy to connect over coffee, you’ll find a space in Work Club to suit your mood.
Utopicus is a flexible, safe, healthy, and adaptable workspace located in Madrid. Each premise features a unique concept designed by the best architectural firms. Utopicus understands that every business has specific needs. Here are some of the services they offer.
- A wide range of rooms in Madrid and Barcelona.
- Virtual office plans. You can choose one of the spaces as the company's fiscal, social, or commercial address and manage your business from anywhere.
- Advice on the ENISA application and management process regarding European Union loans and subsidies.
- Legal, tax, and accounting advice to deal with all the procedures and consultations you require.
Coworking in the Sun is a workspace paradise in Tenerife, Spain. Here you can work, explore and party together with digital nomads, online marketing students, Spanish learners and other like-minded people from all over the world.
After work the wonderful island of Tenerife is yours to explore and enjoy. The year-round spring-feel of the island will give you that holiday vibe and, apart from having the opportunity to make the most of the Spanish way of life, you will be able to go diving, surfing, climbing, hiking, paragliding…or just watch the sun sink slowly below the horizon with an ice-cold drink in hand.
This article is aimed to inspirit coworking space owners to further transform their hubs into the most inspiring places.
It's obvious that coworking culture is going to become even more popular in the next years. However, members are getting more demanding of workspaces they use. They want to thrive experiencing the sense of community, enjoying flexibility, the potential for innovation, learning and collaboration opportunities, and building strong personal and professional relationships. All these should be possible at coworking space featuring great design and wellbeing facilities.
Besides, a coworking space must help members find a deeper meaning in their work and provide opportunities for business growth.
Are you ready to meet all the above needs of contemporary freelancers, entrepreneurs, and businessmen? Already doing that and want to be on our list? Tell us about special perks at your coworking space and take the deserved place in this brief round-up!
P.S. A small bonus for coworking space owners who are looking to scale up and startups searching for their first premise. Here is a free tool to explore the global market of commercial property around the world.