How to Migrate to Better Coworking Software from Current Underperforming Solution
It's really great that you are using coworking software in your space. Innovative technology is an inevitable part of any coworking brand success. It greatly affects member experience and workplace profitability.
Coworking space management software is your strategic asset. With the right pick, you save time, money, increase members' loyalty and strengthen your brand.
As you are reading this article I can assume that you are not absolutely happy with your current coworking software. If you are considering the options to migrate to a better solution, this guide will be rather helpful.
I will try to point out some common pitfalls of switching coworking apps, describe the main steps of migration, and give some tips to make the whole process painless.
There are many reasons why entrepreneurs decide to change a coworking management system.
- Lack of essential features.
- Poor support.
- The software is not ready to scale up with the network.
- Bad user experience.
- No mobile apps.
- Lack of customization options.
- No white label solution.
The list goes on, sometimes coworking spaces requirements are really unique but more often than not it all comes down to poor member experience, bugs, brand image, and revenue losses.
When you close the deal with the coworking software vendor, you surely think that your partnership is going to last. And when the application doesn't meet your expectations you hesitate for a long time before opting for something else because a switch seems to scare.
Continue reading and get to know if your fears have ground and how to minimize any possible negative impact of migrating to another coworking management system.
Here is a list of questions to consider when choosing new coworking software.
- Does software in question cover your present-day basic requirements and expectations? (You may collect members' feedback on struggles with current software.)
- Is new coworking software capable of scaling with your business with time?
- Does it provide mobile apps for members?
- Does it provide a white label option for your brand?
- Is it an all-inclusive system or neat & focused integration coworking app?
- Is coworking software packed with extra, value-added features? (For instance, a community stream may not be one of the features you are looking for, yet, it can leverage members' engagement.)
- Is coworking application flexible and customizable? (Review tech options, look out for API capabilities, developer tools, and integrations.)
- Is the team behind the technology credible, does their corporate vision resonate with your values? (Coworking industry is on the rise, so your current needs will likely be different tomorrow. Your business partners must update their technology regularly and be well-equipped to support you long-term.)
Most of the coworking software offers a more or less similar set of administrative features. If you are looking not for just another application but for the top-notch solution, it must be focused on the end-user, which is residents' experience.
Being a white-label coworking software, we surely have experience of helping customers migrate from their current system to our platform. The whole process can be described in a few steps.
- When, after the Demo call, you make the final decision, our developers start to prepare your coworking space management app. They create an organization, add rooms, managers, post the apps on Google Play and App Store, where they get approved, etc. All these manipulations take nearly a week.
- While we are creating your coworking software, community managers collect information about members and bookings for export.
- When setup is finished, you inform your members about the new coworking app via email newsletter and invite them to join the community. They go to Google Play or Apple Store, download the app and start using it.
When all the above stages are successfully finished, our team helps you with onboarding, and the entire community enters the adaptation phase.
When you have some previous experience with coworking software, you automatically transfer it to the new solution which may trigger certain issues as user interfaces as well as interactions to get stuff done may differ.
Anyway, with simple coworking software, adaptation should not take more than a month. If you take care of residents' comfort, it will turn into an exciting experience of discovering and investigating.
- Mess with downloading the right app. When both old and new coworking apps are available on Google Play and App Store, members get confused over which software to download. To avoid this you must delete your old coworking space management application from the resources and make only the new version available for members.
- Members can't use the new app. Only you have comprehensive data on memberships, so you must take good care of all your residents and migrate them to the new platform. This way they will feel themselves welcome guests at your space.
- Reservation conflicts. If you didn't transfer all bookings from the old workspace management software, they are not visible in the new one, so the same meeting room might be booked by two members. To avoid this, make sure that all bookings are thoroughly transferred and all members are invited to use the new apps.
- Members can't make reservations or book meeting rooms for free. This happens if you didn't transfer meeting room credits for all teams and members. To avoid negative UX, make sure that all credits are in place.
- It's not clear immediately what team a member belongs to. Order and structure are crucial for business success. Changing coworking software is your second chance to structure your business files. Divide your members by teams. This way it will be way easier for you to distribute meeting room credits and keep each team and member information at hand.
It seems like migrating to better coworking software can be a daunting task. Though, by evaluating the technology, the team behind it and customization capabilities, you can be sure this time you are making an informed decision. Your effort will start to pay off once everything’s in place.
A good coworking software is a great time, money saver, and member happiness tool. You don't need to postpone the shift because it will cause some inconveniences. You need to think that while you are waiting, your current coworking software underperforms and you are losing money.
Do you have your own stories of migration from one coworking software to another? What was the most challenging for you? Are you happy with your current coworking app? Please share your experience in the comments.
Would you like to know what can andcards coworking app do for you in terms of center operation efficiency, brand strengthening, and member engagement? Request a Demo call with our knowledgeable customer happiness manager!